Background

Powered By Blogger

Friday 16 November 2012

Cat

Not done any more to Gingerbread Boy , why not ,well I have been asked for a door stop draft excluder.
Many years ago my mum and her friend made over 900 of these Cat's and raised funds for the church. We kids sat for hours cutting up foam to stuff them. Collected stone's from every where(especially building sites). Ate lots of birds custard to get the tins, to put the stones in.
I Half remembered what the pattern looked like and have come up with something very near. I'm very pleased with how it's turned out.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute kitty! Is the tail really long? I'm puzzled as to what 'birds custard' is! That was quite a 'cottage industry' , making 900 back then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the tail is long with a bow on the end(red). Birds custard is a powder that you add sugar and milk to and pour over puddings.(yellow in colour).

      Delete
  2. Looks good and will be useful too. I wouldn't want to make 900 of them though!

    ReplyDelete